Fan of Full Fathom Five? Be sure to check it out at its new home!

Monday, January 30, 2006

Life at sea


ETA: See also the Oct. 6, 2008 update.

As historians of the future research to discover the nature of life at sea for today's sailor, merchant and naval, alike I hope that they are able to view (and analysize) this very informative video:




All 5 minutes and 36 seconds were produced by the CS6 (can anyone tell me what that means?) crew of the USS Enterprise. The video is a spoof of the Numa Numa video (which I confess I've never seen). According to Wikipedia the Numa Numa spoofs are based upon the Moldovan Romanian pop song "Dragostea Din Tei" by O-Zone.

It's an impressive piece of work!

This is the USS Enterprise - also known as the production studio:

6 comments:

Dwayne Clark said...

That is some great stuff!!

Dwayne

Kelly said...

Dwayne - it was thanks to you and the videos on your blog that sent me searching for cool maritime videos

Dwayne Clark said...

You are welcome. Have fun with it.

Dwayne

Alby said...

why is the video gone...I loved that video....

Kelly said...

I'm sorry to say that I only linked to the video and now it is gone. As a good librarian I should have copied it down but I didn't - and now it's gone.

Anonymous said...

CS6 is the Combat Systems Division responsible for Radar and Navigation onboard an Aircraft Carrier.