Fan of Full Fathom Five? Be sure to check it out at its new home!

Friday, July 27, 2007

I Like....Museums (maritime, of course)

It's been a slow month for maritime news. Lots of new exhibits, but no real news. I've been focusing on new methods of delievering information via the web and developing web 2.0 technologies (i.e. ways of getting information back from our users). In the course of that I ran across this site called I Like...Museums.

It's a site that provides info about museums but...not by museum but by topic. For instance they have an I Like....ships trail, and an I Like...maritime trail.

But the cool thing is that users can create the trails and comment on the museums. Which makes interesting reading not only for others, but also for museum personnel.

btw...if you want something fun to do in your spare time...search http://www.flickr.com/ for your favorite maritime museum...you might be surprised what visitors post pictures of.

No comments: