Fan of Full Fathom Five? Be sure to check it out at its new home!

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Online Maritime Book Club!

Life is funny. This morning while looking through the maritime news I was thinking how I had dropped the ball on book reviews. (There hasn't been one on the "Compass" in a long time.) Then I went to check my Seaport mail and there was an email from Heather Hernandez announcing her online maritime book club.

According to Heather:

------


http://groups.yahoo.com/group/marbkclub/


Reviews and discussions of maritime books--fiction and non-fiction,old and new, and about maritime aspects of more general books. "Maritime" is understood in its broadest sense--the sea, ships, boats, rivers--if the book has something to do with something that floats, here's the place to talk about it.

We're just getting it off the ground, but we're hoping it will develop into a fun place to chat! Our members include a maritime librarian(me), a historian, and we've got a few enthusasists coming on board.

-----

I've signed on - my yahoo name is zaimmaa. Looking forward to talking 'maritime' with everyone.

No comments: